Sunday, January 29, 2017

Hello from Athens, Greece!

We were able to attend church at the tiny branch in Thessaloniki, Greece, this morning. They had about 25 people attending and 10 of them were missionaries. I haven't ever attended a Sacrament meeting where they only had ONE person passing the bread and water. 

Everyone was very nice and kind. We sang the hymns in English. We were given some headphones for translation from an elder from England. After Sacrament meeting, many people came up to learn more about us. Some people commented on my singing voice, and before I knew it, they had all assembled into a room and asked me to sing a hymn for them. I sang Now Let Us Rejoice - because it was a song that they all knew - and they joined me on the third verse. It was a memorable experience for me and I am thankful that I had the opportunity to share my musical talent with them. 

 

Afterwards, we took off for Athens! There were some problems with some of the main roads being closed - due to tractors from the farmers striking - so it took us a little longer to get here, but we made it!

 
I love seeing the water. 

 
We didn't end up staying here, but this was one of the lodging options in Thessaloniki. Neat, eh?

 
Hotel restroom - and it has a bathtub!

 
Not sure why we need two beds, but okay. 

 
Nice room!

 
How many toll booths does it take to enter Athens?

No comments: